Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 5, 2008


As soon as Lee got off the phone with Edel to tell her we wouldn't be going to Fort Myers with them we changed our minds. We did some searching for a motel room and called Edel back. I figured there was no telling how I would feel after surgery so if we were going to have some fun during spring break we should go for it. We paid $152.37 for the room, more then I would have liked, but it was worth it. We had a lot of fun. The room was pretty big, two full beds and a kitchen. If we were staying for more then one night there would have been a discount also, not to mention we could have done some meal planning and cooking in the room.

We hung out by the pool when we got checked in. Lee took Eli swimming with Shady, Will, and Rebecca while I chatted with Edel. There was no getting into the pool with my special green bracelet. After a swim we went to S.O.B. for dinner (Smokin' Oyster Brewery.) Shady took her violin down to the square and did some playing. In about an hour she made $28 in tips, not bad for a kiddo that has only been playing for 7 months. I can't believe she had the courage to do it, I'm not sure I would have ever had the courage to play in front of a group like that.

We went back to the room and put Eli to bed. Edel, Johnny, and the kids came over and sat with us at the table outside our room for a while. Will was writing a story about a leprachaun named Gregory, we didn't get to hear chapter 3, but I am looking forward to it!

No comments: