Sunday, April 27, 2008

April 19, 2008 (the day)



Oh, party prep begins!

I didn't sleep in as much as I probably needed to, but I got a bit of sleep. We took Gran and Popo to our regular donut day (Gran dislikes Dunkin's Donuts, for the record.) When we got home we started on the cleaning and I had to put together one very ambitious cake. Eli left no time in getting Gran and Popo busy playing.

Popo realized exactly how much work Mommy and Daddy had been getting out of the train set he and Gran got Eli for Christmas. Yes, they are nice and fun, but MAN they are work! Putting together a track isn't like it used to be. A nice circle, oval, or even figure out would be just peachy, not now! Eli wants bridges and hills... oh heavens!

Next year I do believe we will be going with a traditional Publix cake. It wasn't to stressful, honestly, the cake making, just not sure I want to dedicate an entire day to something like that again.

No comments: