Sunday, April 27, 2008

April 20, 2008








PARTY DAY!!!!

I think Eli knew it was coming, because even though he was put in bed at 9pm last night at midnight he was still chattering trying to get Popo (who had been sent in to encourage sleep) into have a conversation about anything that would interest him. I thought for sure he would be a CRANK when he got up, but lucky for us all he was in a GREAT mood.

We started the day with Cheerios and yogart, just what a growing boy needs. Eli played while Gran and I went to the store to pick up the sandwich ring and balloons. It wasn't long after we got home that the guest started arriving. We had a very small gathering and that was ok with me. We invited Gran, Popo, Grandma, Grandpa, Chrissie, Amanda, Edel, Rebecca, Shady, and Will. So the closest child in age was Rebecca and she is 10. I felt a bit guilty at first, but as the day went on I realized this was the right choice. Every child there loves Eli, they think the sun rises and sets with him. He was never left to play alone or left out of any playing. He was one of the kids and that is what matters. I almost did my best not to stress about doing this at that time and that at this time. I just let things happen, and you know what they did! Every one had a great time and the last guest left at 5... so we had a 6 hour party.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

You know me. I'm a horrible anti-party mommy. However, I love the small family get-togethers. You can tell that everyone there had a blast, and you actually had the energy to enjoy it. Good for you!

Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!