Sunday, April 27, 2008

April 18, 2008






Today was INSANE.... not only was it a Friday so I'm alone in the room, but Relay for Life started today. Mom and dad are coming for Eli's birthday but they said they would see us on Saturday around 10am. Plans changed when mom called me close to midnight asking if they could stay with us and I was still at Relay and Eli and Lee were already in bed. We got things worked out, but not without some stress. I spent the entire day making lips to fit on the party blowers so it looked like we were sticking out our tongues like the lead singer of "Kiss." If I never see red glitter again, I think I'll be ok with that.

Cork Elementary (my school) went with a "Kiss" theme this year since the Relay theme was something about Rock and Roll. It was amusing to see these, rather straight laced individuals, all punked out. I was a face painter till two high schoolers took over for me (for which I am greatful, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to take any pictures.)

Eli was a hit, you have to admit an almost 3 year old wearing the make up of Catman is a trip. Chrissie fixed his hair in a spike (sorta, it was curling a bit.) So Eli fit in quite nicely. After eating everything he could get his hands on Eli discovered the bouncer. He didn't know we had already reserved one for his birthday party coming up and had never actually been in a full size one, but he was quite happy! For Eli the evening was going great till he got landed on by a bigger kid in the bouncy house. He and Lee headed home so he could go to bed. It was after 9pm at that time. I couldn't believe he had made it that long anyway. I had to make it till midnight for the groupies contest.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

So given Eli's makeup, I take it he'll be a percussionist? :oD

You rock... And you look GREAT!