Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 2, 2009

Today my kid ROCKED!!!

Yes, you read that right. Eli was SO freaking awesome today and I'm not sure saying that either. His coach was pretty impressed. You have to first go back to the first game of the season and remember Mr. Eli sitting in the corner of the goal and as soon as the ball and players came his way he just started crying... Not this game, baby! He was READY! I think it helps that Cade (the coaches 10 month old) got Eli a goal for his birthday and Eli and Daddy have been doing a bit of practicing in the back yard. Which reminds me, we should probably do some more practice. Well, the other team did score 3 points on him, but he stopped two and I would say for a just barely 4 year old that is pretty darn good!

To put things into perspective there is one player on our team that is very, VERY gifted at the game of soccer. Eli has come out of his shell, especially since we took those uncomfortable cleats off of him. (I'm not kidding, he ran like he was auditioning for a part in Cats.) Well, this game Eli was getting a little to close to the ball, and there were a couple of times when Eli got the ball and was doing a fine job taking it down the field. The "star player" wasn't a fan of that and wanted the ball back. E informed me after the game that " ____ took the ball from him and wasn't sharing" I guess this picture shows it all. This picture isn't mine, one of my inlaws took it (can't remember if it was mil or fil, sorry guys. ) I'm very proud of my little soccer player. I was very worried at the begining of the season, he didn't seem to be enjoying himself like I thought he would. I know when Leslie gets here for the summer he will have Eli out in the back yard practicing like crazy, they will make each other better players, not to mention be super cute playing together! I can't wait for that!

No comments: