Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9, 2009



Saturday....

Breakfast....
Soccer...
Rest of the Day...

No matter what time the game 8:30 or 11:00 that is how our day goes. Today was a bit different. We got up, got ready and headed out for donut day. (Hello Hole in One!) On our way there I noticed Eli was looking not so good and next thing ya know he was SICK. He recovered quickly so I assumed it was one of those allergy/sinus drainage issues. He insisted on donuts and some "stinky coffee milk" (that would be milk from Starbucks in a small coffee cup) and we were on our way to the game. While waiting for Daddy at Starbucks Eli announced he was going to "run fast like Hemi!" It took me a minute to process what he was talking about. He was talking about the wacky squirrel in Over the Hedge. Once I made sure that was what Eli meant we talked about all the great things he was going to do during the game. We ate our donuts in the car and talked waiting for game time. We were early, but quite a bit, which always makes mommy happy. Eli got his shin guards on, soccer socks, and tennis shoes and we closed up the car and there was the look again. All of Eli's breakfast was left in the parking lot next to the car. He kept insisting he was going to play, no matter what mom or dad said. I mean what do we know, we are just parents, right?

We got him back in the car for a few minutes to sit in the air conditioning since it was 10:30 A.M. and already 87 degrees. I finally talked Eli into "sitting with daddy" rather then playing. We got out of the car to head to the game, two steps away from the car and he says "I can't do it, I have to go home." I knew exactly how the little person was feeling. You know when you are sick, and as long as you don't move you think "I'm feeling ok, I'm alright." but the second you get up WHAM! It hits you, and you feel terrible all over again.

I figured out why he was so set on going to the game. Eli had his hair spiked AND it was pink (just temp hair gel, no freaking out needed!) I reassured him that I would be happy to do the same style next week and he was ok to go home. We weren't in the car 5 minutes and lil' man was sound asleep. He spent almost the entire day on the couch. It was rather pitiful. He kept down a very late lunch and a small supper, so that was that. He wouldn't take off his soccer uniform all day. Not sure why, but it was sweet.

1 comment:

Lee said...

poor little guy! He still isn't feeling 100%